Sunday 17 July 2011

Why Blog about THFC?

I have been a Tottenham fan since birth, going to my first game at the tender age of 6 years old. I have lived a mere 15 minute walk from WHL since 4 and have always looked out of my window on match days watching dedicated fans make the short walk to the stadium. Also had my dad getting annoyed at fans for parking in front of our driveway!

My dad wasn't a big Tottenham fan, he never went matches. The first time I went to a match was with my Uncle, a North Stand Upper season ticket holder. Soon enough, I stopped going matches with him, due to his finance issues. I always struggled going to matches after this, due to my lack of income. However, I still managed to find enough money to be a Tottenham Hotspur member since the age of 12. Over the years, I followed my favourite team; all the ups and downs, smiles and frowns.

Finally I managed to get a part time job, and most of the money I earned from this was spent on going to Tottenham matches by myself. I saw in North Stand Lower for my first game and I fell in love with the atmosphere. Being alone, I did not have to worry about swearing (an issue my uncle had with me when I went with him!) People always used to say 'Why go to football matches when you can have a better view by watching it on TV?'. I never had an argument for this, till I started going to matches. A match day experience can never be beaten by TV.

Last two years, I have gone to every home gay, including cup competitions. I am still a Bronze member, quite a long way off to be offered a season ticket any time soon. Have been to a few away games, but not as many as I hoped for. Next season it is my aim to do an 'away game tour' with my close Tottenham friends. I predominately sit in South Stand Lower, quite close to the away fan section, however, I have sat in East stand lower a few times as well. When I finally do get offered a season ticket, I would love my seat to be in either of these two areas.

Anyway, my ramble is over about my life as a Tottenham fan. But why have I decided to start blogging about my favourite team? I follow a range of facebook pages, as well as a range of twitter accounts who talk about Tottenham. What annoys me is that a majority (NOT ALL) do not understand football!

As a football blogger, you must look past your emotions when writing. You must look at the facts and not make facts of your own. This is my aim and I hope you all follow the blogs I create. Please feel free to critisize or appreciate what I write!!

No comments:

Post a Comment